Making stroke decisons smarter, and reducing delays in critical treatment.
Prehospital mis-identification of stroke is the single largest contributor to delayed and missed stroke treatments.
Exams Are Subjective
Of the 4M stroke exams performed by first responders per year, 30-50% of stroke patients are misdiagnosed and transported to the wrong hospital.
Hospitals are Not Equal
Only 5% of all hospitals can treat major stroke emergencies, and only 20% can treat moderate stroke emergencies so patients are oftened transfered to another hospital.
Treatment is Delayed
For major stroke patients, a misdiagnosis causes a median delay of 110 minutes, and decreases the likelihood of receiving the most efficacious stroke treatment by 90%.
Forest Devices has developed a disruptive technology: the first objective, electronically-determined test for stroke for use when stroke is suspected.
- Expected to reduce — and possibly eliminate in some cases — disabilities, rehabilitation costs and even death from stroke
- Expected to reduce or avoid hospital reimbursement loss by allowing for the most efficacious stroke treatment within required periods of time
- first low-cost portable stroke detector
- artificial intelligence-driven platform
- applied in less than 2 minutes
- results in less than 3 minutes
- easy to use